Communication modules RS-232/485 and CAN SC-1101, SC-1102
• Module SC-1101 is system communication module allowing an expansion of central unit for another serial channel with RS-232 or RS-485 bus, supporting UNI and PC mode.
• Module SC-1102 is system communication module allowing an expansion of central unit for another serial channel with CAN bus, supporting CSJ mode.
• More detailed description of serial communications and their use is listed in a separate manual Serial communication programmable controller TECOMAT (TXV 004 03.01).
• Parameters of communication are set in Mosaic (development environment) in HW configuration section.
• Central units TECOMAT FOXTROT allow connection of up to 6 system communication modules SC-1101 and SC-1102, which occupy channels from CH5 to CH10.
• Module SC-1101 includes 1 serial channel led out collaterally through RS-232 bus as well as RS-485 bus. It is possible to use only one of those. Simultaneous connection with both buses is not possible.
• With modulue SC-1101 the termination of RS-485 bus is done by switching ON (right) both BT switches on front panel of the module.
• Module SC-1101 on RS-232 bus supports operating of communication with RTS signals.
• With SC-1102 module it is necessary to terminate the CAN bus next to a device, which has to be situated at both ends of the bus.
• When device is connected in the middle of bus, termination is not an option. In this case both BT switches will be set to the left.
• Module requires connection of voltage supply 24VDC